Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh), Aug 19 (ANI): Silk weavers and traders in Varanasi demanded lowering of anti-dumping duty on raw silk imported from China. An exporter, Maqbool Hasan, said the government’s anti-dumping duty has boomeranged badly on local silk weavers and exporters and was making Indian silk weak in the international market. The industry, which was once the pride of Varanasi, is now gasping for life due to unavailability of cheap Chinese yarn.
- Silk weavers demand lowering of anti-dumping duty on Chinese silk
- Solution to Kashmir, terrorism, naxalism will be found before 2022: Rajnath Singh
- Woman finds long-lost engagement ring wrapped around a carrot
- U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson condemns racism, calls for national reconciliation
- Kenya’s opposition takes legal action