New Delhi, Oct 16 (ANI): ‘Veere Di Wedding’ team recently completed their New Delhi schedule of the film and Sonam Kapoor along with Swara Bhaskar were seen sharing pictures on their respective social media accounts. But later rumours started doing the rounds about a ‘cat fight’ on the film’s sets and news came in by a website which carried a ‘blind item’ insinuating that all’s not well between the quartets. This compelled the ‘Neerja’ actor to issue a statement dispelling the rumours. Sonam slammed the website saying, “Dear websites, you can put out as many ‘blind items’ as you like pitting women against each other, it may get you clicks but it won’t be the truth. Must you insist on shoving this tired patriarchal concept of women cat fighting into our film (which is not about a road trip) as if grown, intelligent women have nothing better to do. We will continue to be actual friends and try and make a kick ass movie and prove that women can work with each other, get along and have a blast. Because we can, we are and we will continue to. And on schedule. Please keep in mind how outdated, irresponsible and harmful your narrative is and frustrating for a culture of women, who actually want to work together. There is no place for it anymore. Sincerely, The Cast and Crew of Veere Di Wedding (Our items aren’t blind) @reallyswara@shikhatalsania @poonamdamania@vdwthefilm @rheakapoor#kareenakapoorkhan.” ‘Veere Di Wedding’ traces the story of four girls and how a wedding changes their life. The film is directed by Shashanka Ghosh.
- Next story Security personnel injured in encounter with Maoists
- Previous story Sufiyon Ki Vaadi (Weekly Program) – 16 Oct, 2017
- ‘After The Screaming Stops’ films reunion of 1980s band Bros
- Trump awards Medal of Honor to Vietnam ‘Marine warrior’
- Watch: HM Rajnath Singh visits Durga Puja pandal at Safdarjung Enclave
- VP Venkaiah Naidu arrives in Brussels for 12th ASEM Summit
- Democrats’ hopes to take Senate fading in home stretch