Mumbai (Maharashtra), Apr 19 (ANI): Singer Sonu Nigam today shaved off his head on live television in response to the fatwa that was issued against him by a Kolkata-based cleric. The cleric had also announced a reward of Rs 10 lakh to anybody who shaved the Bollywood singer’s head and garland him with old shoes. Sonu has facing a huge backlash from the industry after he had sent out a tweet where he had complained about being woken up by Azaans. Reacting to the backlash, Nigam said that his tweet was taken out of proportion and that it was on a social topic and not a religious one which is was made out to be. He said that while had also written about temples and gurudwara no one seemed to have notice that part of the tweet and only focused on his remarks about Azaan.
- Sonu Nigam shaves head on live television responding to fatwa issued against him
- Unidentified gunmen loot bank in Shopian
- Madhes gripped in wave of protests
- Everyone has right to their opinion, my comments were misconstrued: Sonu Nigam
- 44 dead after bus falls into River Tons, rescue operations underway