This show focuses on Sri Lanka, where after months of deliberation and consultation, the government has signed a 99-year agreement of selling a significant stake in Hambantota port to a state run Chinese company. Afghanistan, where the violence continues to escalate and in two major incidents the terrorists attacked the Iraqi Embassy in Kabul and a Shi’ite Mosque in Herat city which led to the deaths of many civilians. Pakistan administered Kashmir, part of the erstwhile princely state of Jammu and Kashmir has a prime minister and president, but they have no powers, Kashmiri activists say that Islamabad considers the territory as its ‘property’ and the local residents its ‘slaves’. The Political turbulence in Maldives has touched a new high, soldiers barred the main opposition Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) from entering the heavily guarded Parliament complex. In Nepal, Rashtriya Janata Party-Nepal has been deliberating over its participation in the third phase of the local body elections; the party is also exploring different ways to exert pressure on the government to get their demands fulfilled. In India’s national capital, New Delhi, top fashion designers from across the country exhibited finest of their creations in the Indian couture week 2017.
- South Asia Focus (Weekly Programme) 06 Aug, 2017
- NDA candidate Venkaiah Naidu becomes the country’s 15th vice-president
- India-made ‘rakhis’ outshine Chinese rakhis this Raksha Bandhan
- Residents rescue woman from molestation, set vehicle ablaze
- WBO Asia Pacific: Vijender Singh dedicates his victory to India-China peace