Spain’s senate has approved a controversial measure allowing it to seize direct control of its semi-autonomous Catalonia region, after the local parliament in Barcelona holds its own vote approving of a formal declaration of independence. Matthew Larotonda reports.
- Next story Joshua sets heaviest pre-fight weight
- Previous story Low voter turnout taints Kenya’s election re-run
- Team Sky crossed ‘ethical line’ to enhance Wiggins performance – UK parliamentary report
- ‘The New Delhi Night Walk’: Thousands participate for women safety
- Oscars 2018: ‘Dunkirk’ wins award for Sound Editing and Sound Mixing
- Nidahas Trophy 2018: Men in blue arrive in Sri Lanka
- Oscars 2018: After all black at Golden Globes, colour is back on the red carpet