Spain’s central government said it would suspend Catalonia’s autonomy and impose direct rule after the region’s leader threatened to go ahead with a formal declaration of independence if Madrid refused to hold talks. As Laura Frykberg reports, concern over the politcal upheaval set European shares on track for their biggest drop in two months.
- Next story UK’s May heads to Brussels as data shocks again
- Previous story New Zealand gets its youngest leader in 150 years
- Watch: Pandal catches fire during fireworks celebration of Dussehra in Kanpur
- Saudis confirm death of Khashoggi
- Amritsar tragedy: People couldn’t hear sound of approaching train due to bursting crackers, says MoS Railways Sinha
- Watch: Train runs over people celebrating Dussehra in Choura Bazar near Amritsar
- Amritsar tragedy: Navjot Singh Sidhu’s wife runs away from spot instead of helping people: Bikram Majithia