Spain, Oct 30 (ANI): Thousands of Spaniards marched towards the Catalan regional government headquarters on Sunday calling for a unified Spain, following Catalonia’s declaration of its ‘independence.’ While the protest was mostly peaceful, a group of agitated protestors shook barricades and shouted at Catalan Police personnel, who were guarding the building. The tense scenes came after the first poll was published since Madrid called a regional election to try to resolve the crisis over Catalan demands for independence. The poll gave political parties opposing a split by Catalonia from Spain a small lead. Catalans are now set to vote for a new regional parliament on December 21.
- Next story It’s A Busy Monday For The Supreme Court
- Previous story Iraqi Kurdish leader Massoud Barzani to step down
- WPP chief Sorrell investigated over misconduct allegation
- Ye hai right style: Dress collections for getting ready in wedding’s different functions
- Hazel Shares Snapshots With Hubby Yuvraj
- Bengaluru’s Bellandur Lake spills toxic foam again, creates problem for residents
- SC/ST Prevention Act: Curfew remains imposed in Madhya Pradesh