Srinagar (J and K), July 30 (ANI): Residents of Srinagar moved out of their houses early on Sunday morning to participate in the ‘Run for Peace’ marathon held here on the banks of Dal Lake. The ‘J and K State Marathon – 2017′ was organised by the state police under its civic action programme. It was flagged off by Director General of Police (DGP) S.P. Vaid. The event was an attempt to build city dwellers’ confidence in the state police and help build and atmosphere of ‘peace.’ From children to adults, people of all age groups, enthusiastically joined the run that began from Boulevard Road and concluded at Nigeen Lake. The participants ran under various age categories.
- Next story Woman gangraped, husband made to drink urine
- Previous story Protest erupts in Gilgit-Baltistan over CPEC
- Rahul Gandhi again shows his devotional side, visits temple, church and dargah in poll-bound Karnataka
- Potato farmer allegedly ends life, family seeks Government aid
- Cleaners take out thousands of ‘notes to God’ at Jerusalem’s Western Wall
- Employee injured after package explodes at FedEx facility
- Caught on cam: Armed robbers loot Rs 18 Lakhs outside bank