New Delhi, Nov 02 (ANI): Chaos was created at the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport on Wednesday after passengers sweated it out for around three hours in queues as all immigration counters were closed due to shortage of staff. Many passengers missed their flights and airlines confirmed that their flights got delayed. Several passengers posted their ordeal on social media embarrassing the government on social media platforms. It all started after government made proposal to introduce Delhi model of one immigration counter for all passengers. Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) Director General OP Singh said the CISF has always met these kinds of challenges posed by the passengers and their entries and departures almost every day. He added that CISF is handling almost 1 lakh passengers per day in departure as well as in arrival areas. Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) CEO confirmed to ANI that all immigration counter of Immigration Business/first class have been opened from today. The government has finally re-introduced separate immigration counter for business/first class putting an end to long queues at the Delhi International airport.
- Staff crunch creates chaos at IGI Airport, DIAL CEO confirms reopening of Business immigration counter
- Bank of England raises rates for first time in a decade
- Shraddha to Perfect Her Game Before Shooting For Saina Biopic
- Mamta Banerjee met Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray at a five star hotel in Mumbai
- Trump does not recall suggestion of Putin meeting: White House