New Delhi, Nov 02 (ANI): Chaos was created at the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport on Wednesday after passengers sweated it out for around three hours in queues as all immigration counters were closed due to shortage of staff. Many passengers missed their flights and airlines confirmed that their flights got delayed. Several passengers posted their ordeal on social media embarrassing the government on social media platforms. It all started after government made proposal to introduce Delhi model of one immigration counter for all passengers. Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) Director General OP Singh said the CISF has always met these kinds of challenges posed by the passengers and their entries and departures almost every day. He added that CISF is handling almost 1 lakh passengers per day in departure as well as in arrival areas. Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) CEO confirmed to ANI that all immigration counter of Immigration Business/first class have been opened from today. The government has finally re-introduced separate immigration counter for business/first class putting an end to long queues at the Delhi International airport.
- Next story Will not join any party till 2.5 years, confirms Hardik Patel
- Previous story Bank of England raises rates for first time in a decade
- Las Vegas shooting survivor brings tears and hope to March for Our Lives
- India women’s cricket team looks to get back into T20 groove against England
- Watch: Thousands flock to Washington, D.C. for “March for Our Lives” protest
- Rahul Gandhi inaugurates Indira Canteen in Karnataka’s Kollegala
- Farmers walk barefoot for 185 km demanding complete loan waiver, suffer blisters