Champawat (Uttarakhand), Aug 08 (ANI): Traditional ‘Bagwal’ festival was held in Champawat district of Uttarakhand, on Monday. During this festival people throw stones at each other while they try to protect themselves with the help of large shields made of bamboo. This festival is held every year at the temple of goddess Barahi on the occasion of sibling festival Raksha Bandhan. The conventional ‘Bagwal’ starts after the ceremonial worship of goddess Barahi. Later the idol was brought out in the open for public.
- Next story 3 arrested with 9 detonators, 10 kg ammonium nitrate
- Previous story Coast Guard rescues 2 South African nationals in mid sea
- Russia’s suspension to be automatically lifted if no further doping cases – Bach
- Marni Show – Women’s Collection Autumn/Winter 2018/19 in Milan
- Sridevi’s mortal remains to arrive in Mumbai today on a private jet
- Sridevi’s death Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan, mourn the ‘untimely death’ of actress
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi conveys Holi greetings, says it’s ‘festival of Harmony and togetherness’