Coimbatore, Jan 05 (ANI): Students of a government art college staged a protest outside their campus in Tamil Nadu’s Coimbatore on Wednesday, demanding conduct of traditional bullfighting sport of Jallikattu. The students held demonstrations in Coimbatore, calling on the federal to facilitate conduct of the sport during the harvest festival of Pongal. The apex court in 2014 outlawed Jallikattu, saying that it is cruel and not in keeping with what it described as India’s non-violent traditions.
- Next story 350th Prakash Parv of Guru Gobind Singh: Shivraj Chouhan offers prayers at gurdwara
- Previous story Myanmar report says no evidence of Rohingya abuses
- Champions League: Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp hails team’s performance for 3-0 win against Man City
- Class 5th student writes exams with his feet
- Doctors strike enters 8th day, patients suffer
- Another Ambedkar’s statue vandalised in Uttar Pradesh’s Firozabad
- MMT, Flipkart to become partners to transform travel industry