Barcelona (Spain), Oct 26 (ANI): Thousands of students took to streets in Barcelona on Thursday to protest against Madrid’s plans for direct rule over the region. The pro-independence rally was organised to protest against direct rule by the Spanish national government. Catalonian President Carles Puigdemont is set to call a snap regional election for December 20. This move could help break a one-month deadlock between the Madrid government and Catalan separatists seeking independence from Spain.
- Students protest over Spain’s plans for direct rule
- Michael Jackson’s ‘Scream’ returns for Halloween
- Watch: Rahul Gandhi responds to boxer Vijender Singh’s question on sports, marriage
- Raman Singh, Union Minister Narendra Tomar inaugurate video conferencing of 146 blocks of Chhattisgarh
- Mumbai slum blaze brought under control: Mumbai Fire Brigade