New Delhi, Oct 31 (ANI): A major study has discovered more than 100 genetic risk factors, which explain why some people suffer from asthma, hay fever and eczema. The study led by Dr. Manuel Ferreira from QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute explained that this was the first study designed specifically to find genetic risk factors that are shared among the three most common allergic conditions. Asthma, hay fever and eczema are allergic diseases that affect different parts of the body, especially lungs, nose and the skin. For example, the researchers knew that the three diseases shared many genetic risk factors. What they didn’t know was exactly where in the genome those shared genetic risk factors were located. The study also examined if environmental factors might affect whether these genes are switched on or off. The study appears in the journal of Nature Genetics.
- Next story Left alliance is threat to nation: PM Deuba
- Previous story Thousands run for unity to mark 142nd birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- Oscars 2018: After all black at Golden Globes, colour is back on the red carpet
- Week long Yoga programme concludes in District Jail
- PM Modi will deliver his last speech as PM from Red Fort this year, says Derek O’Brien
- Guatemala to move embassy in Israel to Jerusalem in May
- Watch: Uttarandhra Charcha Vedika holds candle protest rally demanding special status for Andhra Pradesh