Assam, Aug 23 (ANI): Water in Brahmaputra river in Assam started receding on Wednesday, bringing respite to the state ravaged by floods for nearly a month now. Despite the increasing death toll, the situation seems to be improving as reported by the locals. The Brahmaputra river in July submerged the Kaziranga wildlife sanctuary, home to the world’s largest population of the endangered one-horned rhinoceros.
- Next story Biking queens set off to spread message of ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’
- Previous story Swedish journalist torso found in Denmark – police
- Remembering Sridevi: Life and times of Bollywood’s first lady superstar of India
- “She left this world too early”, says Shivraj Chouhan on Sridevi’s sudden demise
- There’s no other noble profession than being a teacher: ‘Hichki’ actress Rani Mukerji
- Sridevi’s death: Madhur Bhandarkar thought it was a hoax, Anu Kapoor, Adil Hussain shocked by the uneven death
- ‘Dark Day’ for Bollywood: Amar Singh breaks down while remembering Sridevi