TCS World 10K 2015 Run would be organized on May 17, 2015 in Bangalore. It would be the 8th edition of prestigious run. It is being organized by Procam International and sponsored by Tata Consultancy Service(TCS). SEIKO has been announced as Official Timing Partner.
1. Around 25,000 runners would participate in 10km run. This also include 100 elite athletes, including world’s fastest 10K runner Malika Asahssah.
2. The Total prize money at stake is $194,376.
3.There would be several categories of run. World 10k, Open 10K, DHL Corporate Champions, Majja Run, Senior Citizen’s Run, Champions with Disability.
4. Various Races will start from 6 AM till 9 AM on 17 May 2015, depending on the type of Run. World 10K for Men will start at 7:25AM.
5. The Run will commence from Sree Kanteerava Stadium.
6. French Sprinter Marie Jose Perec declared as Event Ambassador. A formidable force, Marie has won three Olympic gold medals and is the first-ever athlete to win consecutive Olympic gold medals in the 400-metre dash between the years.
7. Some of the elite runners include defending champion of 2014, Kenya’s Lucy Kabuu, and Guye Adola, Course Record Holder for Men in the Delhi Half Marathon 2014 and Birhanu Legese the winner of the Berlin Half Marathon 2015.
8. Indian runners include B C Tilak, Suresh Kumar, Lakshmanan G., Swati Gadhave, Kavita Raut, Preeti Lamba and Surya L.
9. Around 4000 TCS Employees would also participate in the event.
10. Taxi aggregator, Uber is offering a rare chance for runners to leave behind parking woes or having to hitch a ride. At the push of a button, Uber will send across a comfortable, air-conditioned car that will pick-up customers curbside and drop them to the closest point to the start line for a fare low as Rs.7/KM.
11. In 2014, TCS World 10K Bangalore raised more than Rs. 4.04 Crores for charity. Since its inception in 2008, the run has helped raise in excess of INR 15.7 Crore.