Telangana, Dec 23 (ANI): Telangana Chief Minister KCR participated in a cloth distribution programme as part of the Christmas celebrations. As a part of a humanitarian initiative, the Chief Minister distributed clothes to 2.35 lakh poor Christian families while hosting Christmas Dinner at Nizam College Grounds. Rao hosted a massive dinner as part of Christmas official celebration for the members of the Christian community. Since the formation of the new state, KCR government had started this humanitarian initiative of officially celebrating major festivals of all the communities, including Bathukamma, the tribal festival Sammakka-Sarakka, tribal Jatra, and Eid-ul Fitr. Distribution of clothes is part of a new tradition started by the KCR government since the formation of the new state. Meanwhile, new dresses were also distributed to poor Christians in the Chief Minister’s own constituency Gajwel in Medak district. On the occasion, Senior Minister T Harish Rao said that the government was striving hard to ensure that every caste and community benefits from the welfare schemes in the state. “The purpose of distributing the new dresses to each and every family was to ensure that even poorer sections can take part in the festivities,” he said.
- Next story Fodder scam case: ‘Will challenge judgment in High Court’, says Tejashwi Yadav
- Previous story Lalu Dreads The Month Of December
- Austria bids farewell to winter with traditional carnival
- Saudi crown prince pledges $20 billion in investment deals for Pakistan
- Celebrities at The Launch of Ohaila Khan on Line Boutique Chantrealle
- Rekha, Deepika, Sonakshi and Shahid at Filmfare Glamour, Style Awards 2019
- Isha Koppikar Collaborates with Smile Foundation for Ramp for Champs for The Girl Child