Hyderabad (Telangana), July 11 (ANI): Deputy Chief Minister Kadiyam Srihari has appealed to all educational institutions in the State to observe ‘Green Day’ on July 15 as part of third phase of Haritha Haram programme. The day will begin with ‘Haritha’ rally followed by sapling plantation and Haritha Haram related discussion competitions will be held. On August 15, 2017 the winners will be given awards. Kadiyam said that nearly 30,000 school children would take part in plantation of 50 lakh saplings across the State. He said that the children would also be assigned the task of protecting the saplings after they are planted. Stressing the importance of increasing green cover for the benefit of the future generation, he said that Haritha Haram was not a government programme but a people’s movement for the protection of environment. He said they would distribute saplings free of cost to all and appealed to people to plant the saplings and nurture them with care.
- Telangana govt. to promote its green campaign ‘Green Day’ on July 15
- After producing ‘Jagga Jasoos,’ Ranbir Kapoor is all set to don director’s hat!
- BCCI denies reports of Ravi Shastri being appointed as Indian Coach
- Darjeeling shutdown to continue as protestors plan hunger strike
- Army Chief General Bipin Rawat meets Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra to discuss security arrangements