Hyderabad (Telangana), July 23 (ANI): Telangana Minister of Excise & Prohibition, Sports and Youth Affairs, T. Padma Rao Goud, on Saturday felicitated a group of Taekwondo players in the capital city Hyderabad. The Minister presented awards to several players who have set Guinness World Record for the maximum number of ‘full contact kicks’ in an hour. Members of the J.R. International Taekwondo Academy set a world record for performing Taekwondo skills for non-stop 30 minutes. During their record-setting performance, they performed various blocks, kicks and punches. 30 students and coaches from across the state participated in the sports event. The Minister lauded the students’ achievements for the prestigious feat and said they bought glory to the state. Addressing a press conference later, T. Padma Rao spoke about the recent cases of drug thefts and actions taken by the Government. In his address, he said: “Strict action is being taken on people involved in drug case. Irrespective of power and position, Chief Minister K. Chandrashekar Rao has asked us to act on everyone who is involved in the case.” The programmes were held in the Rao’s chamber at the Secretariat.
- Previous story Virendra Sehvag congratulated women cricket team captain Mithali Raj for winning World Cup
- Telangana Sports Minister felicitates Taekwondo players for setting Guinness record
- Virendra Sehvag congratulated women cricket team captain Mithali Raj for winning World Cup
- Meet Alam Ara, the Muslim woman who makes Shiva Lingas for livelihood
- New Princess Diana documentary tells her story through the eyes of her sons
- Deepika Padukone, Kareena Kapoor, Katrina Kaif : Best and Worst Dressed Airport Looks July 2017