Ludhiana (Punjab), Oct 31 (ANI): Tension gripped Ludhiana after a Punjab Youth Congress leader announced that he will put up a statue of former prime minister Indira Gandhi at the Congress Bhawan on Tuesday. However, according to the latest developments, the Congress leader stated that there is no orders from the party high command, thus the programme has been postponed. He also assured that they will put up her statue in the future. The Opposition parties have criticised the step. Security forces have been deployed as the leader’s announcement might have hurt sentiments of various people, which could lead to untoward incidents.
- Next story Four Rohingya drown as refugee boat capsizes off Bangladesh
- Previous story Watch: PM Modi, Rahul Gandhi, Lok Sabha members pay floral tribute to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- Artificial Intelligence is about creating trains with brains: Piyush Goyal
- Las Vegas shooting survivor brings tears and hope to March for Our Lives
- India women’s cricket team looks to get back into T20 groove against England
- Watch: Thousands flock to Washington, D.C. for “March for Our Lives” protest
- Rahul Gandhi inaugurates Indira Canteen in Karnataka’s Kollegala