Mumbai, Dec 23 (ANI): Mirchi and Mime is a local restaurant located in Mumbai’ Powai. Its staff chiefly consists of people with hearing and speech disability. Most of the activities are undertaken by the staff who communicate with the patrons through sign language. Currently the restaurant has 50 such staff who are hearing and vocally impaired. The restaurant has a regular menu, but next to every dish are illustrations of how to act out its name using sign language. Owner of the restaurant is planning to open chains all over the India which will provide employment to at least 500 such specially-abled persons.
- Next story Targeted killing: Jagtar Singh Johal produced in NIA Court
- Previous story Special train flagged off from Amritsar to Patna Sahib for devotees
- Japan bets on new gambling law
- Time To Prove We Are The ‘Best’ In Asia- Captain Sreejesh
- Trump invites Putin to Washington for Fall Summit
- No-confidence motion only way to get PM’s response: TDP’s Jayadev Galla
- Congress diverting nation from real issues through no-confidence motion: Rajyavardhan Rathore