Sichuan (China), Aug 09 (ANI): Thousands of people were rescued after a massive earthquake jolted Sichuan in China. The quake measured 7.0 on the Richter scale. At least 13 people, including six tourists, were killed and scores of others are trapped under the rubble. Electricity and phone services have been knocked out and military has been deployed to help with rescue efforts. Many tourists were left stranded at the airport. The region had witnessed similar situations in 2008, when a massive quake resulted in killing of 70,000 people.
- Next story Police use tear gas to disperse supporters of Opposition leader Raila Odinga
- Previous story Vikas Barala slapped with abduction charge, DGP says no political pressure
- SPC would help strengthen the interface between police & student: Rajnath Singh
- 1 person dead, 2 in critical condition after Chennai building collapses
- A new research answers why some people just can’t resist eating
- Popular platforms to own & sell property hassle-free
- Long recovery ahead for mom in Missouri tragedy