Italy, Oct 22 (ANI): Thousands of people marched in central Rome on Saturday for migrant rights. Protestors held placards and banners showing- “No one is illegal.” The anti-racism demonstration was organised to throw light on the misery of migrants and their lack of rights in Italy and Europe. Over 600,000 people have migrated to Italy since 2014, while at least 13,000 have died trying to cross the Mediterranean Sea from Libya. Filippo Miraglia, who works with a human rights NGO, says human rights are being sacrificed for political purposes in Italy and Europe. Italy has increased its support for the Libyan coast guard in a bid to manage the influx of migrants ahead of elections scheduled for next year. The United Nations, and many other protesters, have been calling for Europe to create safe and legal pathways for refugees so that they do not have to make the dangerous journey through Libya to reach Europe.
- Next story Trump plans to release long blocked, classified JFK FILES
- Previous story Mexican Jonathan Paredes stuns with win in Chile to claim Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series title, Iffland repeats as women’s champ
- ISI instructed Chief Justice to not release Nawaz Sharif and his daughter till elections: Islamabad HC Justice
- ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’ actor Siddharth Shukla rams BMW into 3 cars, injuring 1
- UK’s Gravesend boasts of one of the largest Gurdwara complex
- Couple from Poland inspired by Kashmiri culture, renews vows in Srinagar
- Mamata Banerjee’s own people don’t applaud her speeches: Babul Supriyo