Thiruvananthapuram, July 23 (ANI): Thousands gathered at Shankumugham beach to perform ‘Karkidaka Vavu Bali’, sacrificial ritual in memory of departed souls of ancestors, on Sunday. In Malayalam, it is the day when families revere their dead ancestors. Thiruvallam temple and Shankumugham beach are among the most popular places where the rituals are performed. The ceremonies for dead relatives including grandparents, parents, siblings and children are performed on no moon day which falls in July or August. The rituals are performed to pacify the souls of those who passed away.
- Thousands of pilgrims arrive at Shankumugham beach to perform rituals for their ancestors
- Man pushes wife off terrace in Hyderabad
- We are aiming to build 10 Lakh houses in rural UP by 2022: Yogi Adityanath
- Amit Shah, CM Raje have lunch at party worker’s residence
- More than Rs 50 lakhs Illegal liquor seized during raid in Uttar Pradesh