Tokyo’s famous Tsukiji fish market is due to close by the end of the week and the market’s workers have mounted a last-ditch effort to save it, saying a new site set up by Tokyo’s government is unsafe and too far from the centre of the city. But Tokyo says it’s ready and the move is essential. Ed Giles reports.
- Next story Child Dies After Falling Into 200 Ft Deep Bore Well
- Previous story China’s missing movie star hit with big tax fines
- Theft happened under PM Modi’s nose, what’s wrong if Sidhu said so, asks BK Hariprasad
- 3 dead, 250 taken ill due to food poisoning at wedding function in Uttarakhand’s Bageshwar
- Facilities to be increased to boost football in Srinagar
- BJP gave us 3 Modis- Nirav, Lalit & one sitting in Ambani’s lap Narendra Modi: Navjot Sidhu
- Will not be intimidated by Abhishek Banerjee’s defamation notice: Kailash Vijayvargiya