Chennai/ Rameswaram (Tamil Nadu), July 15 (ANI): After the rains hitting the supply of tomatoes in markets, the prices have gone up to Rs 80-100 per kg in Chennai and Rameswaram. Tomato prices are likely to remain the same for at least next few weeks. Shopkeepers in the city blamed the weather affecting items for the price hike. The consumers said that it is tough to buy 1 kg of tomatoes nowadays. Prices of other vegetables have also shot up by Rs 5 to Rs 10 a kg.
- Next story Boy, girl found hanging in Delhi’s hotel room
- Previous story Have made mind to vote for Ramnath Kovind: Shivpal Yadav on presidential polls
- Oscars 2018: After all black at Golden Globes, colour is back on the red carpet
- Week long Yoga programme concludes in District Jail
- PM Modi will deliver his last speech as PM from Red Fort this year, says Derek O’Brien
- Guatemala to move embassy in Israel to Jerusalem in May
- Watch: Uttarandhra Charcha Vedika holds candle protest rally demanding special status for Andhra Pradesh