Hyderabad (Telangana), July 27 (ANI): People in Hyderabad are facing the brunt of soaring prices of tomatoes as the vegetable sees a jump in last 30 days. Currently, selling at a price of about Rs. 120 per kilogram, the staple vegetable is disappearing from the kitchen, as it is burning a hole in the pocket of customers, who till a few weeks ago were buying it for about Rs. 20. Only a handful of customers were seen at the usually crowded vegetable market, and even the ones who came out for purchases, bought it in smaller quantities. Meanwhile, rains have also damaged crops of other vegetables and pushed their prices north.
- Next story See pics! Gauri Khan at her chilled out best with Suhana, AbRam on a Malibu Beach
- Previous story Chakor RUNS AWAY From Her ENGAGEMENT Major Twist Udaan
- Oscars 2018: After all black at Golden Globes, colour is back on the red carpet
- Week long Yoga programme concludes in District Jail
- PM Modi will deliver his last speech as PM from Red Fort this year, says Derek O’Brien
- Guatemala to move embassy in Israel to Jerusalem in May
- Watch: Uttarandhra Charcha Vedika holds candle protest rally demanding special status for Andhra Pradesh