Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh), Aug 29 (ANI): In a first, the Bhopal Civic authorities inaugurated separate toilets built for members of the transgender community. The first of the public restrooms for the third gender in the Madhya Pradesh have been constructed in Mangalwara area. A local body official, G. Gupta, said facility would benefit the transgender community and promote inclusivity among them. The toilets have been constructed under the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ‘Clean India Mission’. Members of the community have lauded the move. In a landmark judgment in 2014, the Supreme Court ruled that transgender people had equal rights under the law, and granted legal status to the third gender.
- Next story Ganesha Fair in Moradabad invites people of different religious faiths
- Previous story Will provide jobs to 10 lakh youth in U.P.: CM Yogi
- White House defends Trump’s silence over Stormy Daniels case
- Watch: Kashmir’s garden being decorated ahead of tourist season
- US and France raise alarm on the situation in Eastern Ghouta
- Russia’s Australia envoy warns of ‘Cold War’ if anti-Moscow bias continues
- PM Modi lauds retiring Rajya Sabha MP’s contribution