Hyderabad (Telangana), Aug 07 (ANI): Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) leader and Member of Parliament (MP) K. Kavitha tied ‘rakhi’ on the wrist of her brother and state’s Minister of Urban Development, K.T. Rama Rao, on the occasion of ‘Raksha Bandhan’, on Monday. After tying the thread on her brother’s wrist, Kavitha gifted him a helmet as a symbol of protection. KTR gifted some handloom sarees to K. Kavitha in return. The two leaders celebrated the festival at Pragati Bhavan in the capital city Hyderabad. K. Kavitha, who is an MP from Nizamabad, is leading a ‘Sisters for Change’ initiative. Under this initiative, all the sisters come together and make their brothers wear a helmet. The initiative aims at bringing down the number of road accidents in the state. The entire nation is cherishing the spirit of Raksha Bandhan today.
- Next story This picture of Priyanka Chopra shows her little niece is as stylist as her masi!
- Previous story Record fleet heads off for prestigious Fastnet Race
- Watch: People of Varanasi marks victory of good over evil with Ravan dahan
- Watch: VP Naidu attends opening ceremony of 12th ASEM Summit
- From Beirut to Babila, Syrian refugee family returns home
- In a first, Gujarat woman delivers baby through transplanted uterus
- World ‘deserves answers’ on Khashoggi: Pence