Hyderabad (Telangana), Aug 07 (ANI): Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) leader and Member of Parliament (MP) K. Kavitha tied ‘rakhi’ on the wrist of her brother and state’s Minister of Urban Development, K.T. Rama Rao, on the occasion of ‘Raksha Bandhan’, on Monday. After tying the thread on her brother’s wrist, Kavitha gifted him a helmet as a symbol of protection. KTR gifted some handloom sarees to K. Kavitha in return. The two leaders celebrated the festival at Pragati Bhavan in the capital city Hyderabad. K. Kavitha, who is an MP from Nizamabad, is leading a ‘Sisters for Change’ initiative. Under this initiative, all the sisters come together and make their brothers wear a helmet. The initiative aims at bringing down the number of road accidents in the state. The entire nation is cherishing the spirit of Raksha Bandhan today.
- TRS leader K. Kavitha ties rakhi on brother K.T. Rama Rao’s wrist
- Record fleet heads off for prestigious Fastnet Race
- Unique example of communal harmony, Famous Rakhi made by Muslim families across the country
- Weakening Typhoon Noru heads for Japanese mainland
- Chinese robots taken down after rogue outburst