U.S.A., Oct 22 (ANI): United States President Donald Trump took to his twitter handle on Saturday morning to announce that he will release the final batch of classified government documents surrounding the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Trump tweeted: “Subject to the receipt of further information, I will be allowing, as President, the long blocked and classified JFK FILES to be opened.” According to the President John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act of 1992, the deadline for the federal government to release the files is October 26, 2017. Under this act, the government will release thousands of never-before-seen documents related to JFK’s assassination with one person possessing the power to block them-the president- who can cite national security concerns and prevent their release. Full release of these documents would mark a significant step for researchers, who have waited decades to unravel the mystery.
- Next story One terrorist gunned down by security personnel
- Previous story Thousands march in Italy to show ‘No one is illegal’
- ‘After The Screaming Stops’ films reunion of 1980s band Bros
- Trump awards Medal of Honor to Vietnam ‘Marine warrior’
- Watch: HM Rajnath Singh visits Durga Puja pandal at Safdarjung Enclave
- VP Venkaiah Naidu arrives in Brussels for 12th ASEM Summit
- Democrats’ hopes to take Senate fading in home stretch