Next to a palm grove, a blackish mud flows into the sea. After years of living with industrial pollution, residents of Tunisia’s Gabes are fighting back. Close to the Chott Essalem beach and in front of a rare coastal oasis, the state-owned Tunisian Chemical Group (GCT) has been processing phosphate since the 1970s.
- Tunisian beachside town fights industrial pollution
- Russia says bellicose rhetoric on North Korea is ‘over the top’
- 6 dead, 9 injured as bus falls into gorge 4
- Baloch activists oppose China’s CPEC project, demand Pakistan, China’s exit from Balochistan
- 30 children die due to encephalitis in last 48 hours in Gorakhpur