Syria/Turkey, Jan 20 (ANI): Turkish artillery fired into Syria’s Afrin region on Friday in what Ankara said was the start of a military campaign against the Kurdish-controlled area. Defense minister stated that the cross border firing marks the start of an operation against the Kurdish controlled Afrin region. Turkey sees the area as a threat that shows growing Kurdish strength across a wide stretch of north Syria. The Syrian Kurdish YPG militia reported a bombardment that began around midnight. They say Turkish forces fired around 70 shells at Kurdish villages. Turkey dispatched its military chief to Syria’s main ally Moscow in an attempt to get the green light for an air campaign on the territory.
- Next story Akshay Kumar Speachless about Indian Cheif Minister Devendra Fadnavis | Versova Festival Launch.
- Previous story This government primary school is being run with just 1 teacher
- Bure din jane wale hain, Rahul Gandhi ane wale hain: Navjot Singh Sidhu
- Chhattisgarh assembly polls: Congress gives tough fight to BJP
- PM Modi appeals to ensure smooth functioning of Winter Session of Parliament to Opposition parties
- Trends make it clear that Congress is forming govt in Rajasthan with full majority: Sachin Pilot
- Congress will form govt in Rajasthan: Ashok Gehlot