Hong Kong (China), Aug 23 (ANI): Thousands of people have been evacuated ahead of Typhoon Hato, which is moving towards China, with damaging winds, flooding rains and huge storm on Wednesday. The south-western province of Guizhou has also started disaster alert measures ahead of the typhoon’s arrival. Hundreds of flights have been cancelled and schools and business are closed, as locals battened down the hatches for one of the worst storms they have seen in years. More than 4,000 fish farmers and their families returned to shore and all fishing boats returned to the harbour.
- Typhoon Hato wreaks havoc in Hong Kong, thousands evacuated
- Dharmendra Pradhan suggests Nepal to launch Nepal Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- Amateur swimmers complete 70-kilometre Lake Geneva crossing
- Jerusalem: protest for equal prayer rights for men and women
- Death toll in mudslide at Guinea rubbish dump rises to 10