Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh), Oct 08 (ANI): With a unique campaign aimed at ensuring the long life of men, the Uttar Pradesh police distributed helmets among women and asked to gift it to their husbands, as a gift for ‘Karva Chauth’. The motorists were explained about the need to follow traffic rules and cops urged women to gift helmets for the longevity of their husbands. India accounts for around 10% of the global road crash fatalities with an average of one death every 3.5 minute, which is one of the highest in the world. Such initiative striking an emotional chord most likely will make more men start wearing a helmet.
- Next story From rockets to sparklers; Firecrackers of rape convict Ram Rahim, Honeypreet take over Ludhiana markets
- Previous story Family blocks road after daughter commits suicide
- Puerto Rico’s governor calls Trump’s comment “S-H-I-T-T-Y”
- Santiago churches attacked ahead of Pope’s Chile visit
- Yamaha unveils autonomous and robot-driven motorcycles
- CM Raman Singh takes note of problems faced by people in Naxal-affected regions
- Vijay Mallya’s defence lawyers raising issues to delay extradition: Kiren Rijiju