Homeland Security authorizes thousands of additional seasonal worker visas. The move came after US businesses that rely on foreign seasonal workers complained that they were struggling to fill vacancies after Congress effectively cut the visa program for this summer by failing to renew an exemption for returning visa holder.
- US tourism industry stretched by lack of seasonal worker visas
- Battlestar Galactica reunites at Comic-Con
- U2 frontman Bono meets French President for “ONE” NGO
- Pop singer Bono meets French president at Elysee Palace
- ‘We must empower the poorest of the poor’: Pranab Mukherjee in his last address as President