Chandigarh (Haryana), Aug 29 (ANI): The Chandigarh court has dismissed bail petition of both the accused of the Varnika Kundu stalking case, in which Haryana BJP chief Subhash Barala’s son Vikas Barala and his friend Ashish Kumar were arrested for allegedly stalking Varnika Kundu. The case garnered massive attention all across the country and questioned the centrestage about the safety of women in the country. Varnika Kundu’s lawyer gave the argument in front of the court that the accused were drunk and tried to abduct her. After the decision, Vikas Barala’s lawyer stated that the case has become a media trial, which resulted in the dismissal of the bail plea.
- Varnika Kundu stalking case: Court dismisses bail plea of both accused
- Watch: President Kovind confers Khel Ratna, Arjuna award on sportspersons
- Kotkhai minor rape and murder case: 8 people, including IG, DSP, arrested over custodial death of one accused
- Mumbai floods: Devendra Fadnavis urges people not to come out of their houses
- 112th birth anniversary of Dhyan Chand: CM Raman Singh felicitates sportspersons in Raipur