Chandigarh (Haryana), Aug 29 (ANI): The Chandigarh court has dismissed bail petition of both the accused of the Varnika Kundu stalking case, in which Haryana BJP chief Subhash Barala’s son Vikas Barala and his friend Ashish Kumar were arrested for allegedly stalking Varnika Kundu. The case garnered massive attention all across the country and questioned the centrestage about the safety of women in the country. Varnika Kundu’s lawyer gave the argument in front of the court that the accused were drunk and tried to abduct her. After the decision, Vikas Barala’s lawyer stated that the case has become a media trial, which resulted in the dismissal of the bail plea.
- Next story ‘Kapil must have had some problem, don’t know what happened exactly: Ajay Devgn
- Previous story Watch: President Kovind confers Khel Ratna, Arjuna award on sportspersons
- No red tape but only red carpet for investors in UP: PM Modi at UP Investors’ Summit 2018
- Jio to invest Rs 10,000 cr over three years in UP: Mukesh Ambani
- Potential, policy, planning and performance lead to progress: PM Modi at UP Investors’ Summit
- PM Modi inaugurates UP Investors’ Summit 2018
- SC stays criminal cases against Priya Prakash Varrier