Chandigarh (Haryana), Aug 29 (ANI): The Chandigarh court has dismissed bail petition of both the accused of the Varnika Kundu stalking case, in which Haryana BJP chief Subhash Barala’s son Vikas Barala and his friend Ashish Kumar were arrested for allegedly stalking Varnika Kundu. The case garnered massive attention all across the country and questioned the centrestage about the safety of women in the country. Varnika Kundu’s lawyer gave the argument in front of the court that the accused were drunk and tried to abduct her. After the decision, Vikas Barala’s lawyer stated that the case has become a media trial, which resulted in the dismissal of the bail plea.
- Next story ‘Kapil must have had some problem, don’t know what happened exactly: Ajay Devgn
- Previous story Watch: President Kovind confers Khel Ratna, Arjuna award on sportspersons
- ‘After The Screaming Stops’ films reunion of 1980s band Bros
- Trump awards Medal of Honor to Vietnam ‘Marine warrior’
- Watch: HM Rajnath Singh visits Durga Puja pandal at Safdarjung Enclave
- VP Venkaiah Naidu arrives in Brussels for 12th ASEM Summit
- Democrats’ hopes to take Senate fading in home stretch