Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), July 31 (ANI): A massive fire broke out at Brazil’s Olympic velodrome in the wee hours of Sunday. The fire fighters doused the furious flames in Rio de Janeiro’s Olympic Park after battling for hours. The blaze was reportedly caused by a burning flying lantern that fell on the building. The practice of making small hot air balloons is a common in Brazil, especially during the hot, dry months of June and July. Reacting to it, authorities have launched annual campaigns to criminalise the practice. Flying balloons can hamper aircraft and falling balloons can damage property and start forest fires.
- Next story Saddened by breakdown of RJD-JDU alliance: Sharad Yadav
- Previous story A Shiva Temple Founded By A Muslim Woman Is Drawing Devotees This Shravan
- 2 Held For Assaulting, Burning Woman Alive In Temple
- CBI chargesheets Farooqabdullah and three others for alleged irregularities in cricket association
- International justice court hearing on Kullbhushan Jadhav Today
- Gujarat 5 state Highways closed due to water logging
- Sandeepa Dhar in Exclusive Interview For Sonali Bendre And Irrfan Khan At Cancer