Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), July 31 (ANI): A massive fire broke out at Brazil’s Olympic velodrome in the wee hours of Sunday. The fire fighters doused the furious flames in Rio de Janeiro’s Olympic Park after battling for hours. The blaze was reportedly caused by a burning flying lantern that fell on the building. The practice of making small hot air balloons is a common in Brazil, especially during the hot, dry months of June and July. Reacting to it, authorities have launched annual campaigns to criminalise the practice. Flying balloons can hamper aircraft and falling balloons can damage property and start forest fires.
- Velodrome built for Rio Olympics damaged by fire
- A Shiva Temple Founded By A Muslim Woman Is Drawing Devotees This Shravan
- ISI’s hand in case of seized heroin worth Rs of 3500 crores on Gujarat Maritime Border
- CM Raje inspects flood situation in Rajasthan
- U.S. Vice President Pence reassures commitment to NATO