New Delhi, Aug 11 (ANI): India got its nextVice-President as M. Venkaiah Naidu took oath of office at the Rashtrapati Bhavan on Friday. President Ramnath Kovind administered the oath to Naidu at a ceremony attended by a number of leaders, including Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh, BJP National President Amit Shah and former prime minister Manmohan Singh. Naidu was elected to the designated post after he garnered more votes against Opposition’s candidate Gopalkrishna Gandhi. He has served as Union Minister and Rajya Sabha member. Born at Chavatapalem in the Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh on July 1, 1949, Naidu is the second Vice-president from Andhra Pradesh. Before joining active politics, Naidu was much of a social worker. After completing his graduation, Naidu pursued law from Andhra University in Visakhapatnam.
- Venkaiah Naidu takes oath as Vice-President of India
- Sreesanth Case- BCCI Set To Appeal To Kerala HC Division Bench
- Dove Cameron Holds Forth On Racism The Color Of Your Skin Has Nothing
- Kate Upton Cracks Up When Asked For Colonic Advice
- Lindsay Lohan Shares Long Dinner With Star James Deen And Bret Easton Ellis