New Delhi, Aug 11 (ANI): India got its nextVice-President as M. Venkaiah Naidu took oath of office at the Rashtrapati Bhavan on Friday. President Ramnath Kovind administered the oath to Naidu at a ceremony attended by a number of leaders, including Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh, BJP National President Amit Shah and former prime minister Manmohan Singh. Naidu was elected to the designated post after he garnered more votes against Opposition’s candidate Gopalkrishna Gandhi. He has served as Union Minister and Rajya Sabha member. Born at Chavatapalem in the Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh on July 1, 1949, Naidu is the second Vice-president from Andhra Pradesh. Before joining active politics, Naidu was much of a social worker. After completing his graduation, Naidu pursued law from Andhra University in Visakhapatnam.
- Next story 25 vehicles set ablaze after violence erupts during Ganpati procession
- Previous story Sreesanth Case- BCCI Set To Appeal To Kerala HC Division Bench
- No red tape but only red carpet for investors in UP: PM Modi at UP Investors’ Summit 2018
- Jio to invest Rs 10,000 cr over three years in UP: Mukesh Ambani
- Potential, policy, planning and performance lead to progress: PM Modi at UP Investors’ Summit
- PM Modi inaugurates UP Investors’ Summit 2018
- SC stays criminal cases against Priya Prakash Varrier