New Delhi, Aug 11 (ANI): India got its nextVice-President as M. Venkaiah Naidu took oath of office at the Rashtrapati Bhavan on Friday. President Ramnath Kovind administered the oath to Naidu at a ceremony attended by a number of leaders, including Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh, BJP National President Amit Shah and former prime minister Manmohan Singh. Naidu was elected to the designated post after he garnered more votes against Opposition’s candidate Gopalkrishna Gandhi. He has served as Union Minister and Rajya Sabha member. Born at Chavatapalem in the Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh on July 1, 1949, Naidu is the second Vice-president from Andhra Pradesh. Before joining active politics, Naidu was much of a social worker. After completing his graduation, Naidu pursued law from Andhra University in Visakhapatnam.
- Next story 25 vehicles set ablaze after violence erupts during Ganpati procession
- Previous story Sreesanth Case- BCCI Set To Appeal To Kerala HC Division Bench
- Oscars 2018: After all black at Golden Globes, colour is back on the red carpet
- Week long Yoga programme concludes in District Jail
- PM Modi will deliver his last speech as PM from Red Fort this year, says Derek O’Brien
- Guatemala to move embassy in Israel to Jerusalem in May
- Watch: Uttarandhra Charcha Vedika holds candle protest rally demanding special status for Andhra Pradesh