Porbandar (Gujarat), July 30 (ANI): A merchant vessel carrying heroin was apprehended by the Indian Coast Guard off the coast of Gujarat. The vessel was carrying approximately 1,500 kilograms of heroin valued at about Rs. 3500 Crore. Based on intelligence inputs, the vessel was intercepted at around 12 pm on 29 July. This is the largest single haul of narcotics seized till date. Joint investigation of the vessel by the ICG, IB, Police, Customs, Navy and other agencies is currently underway.
- Vessel carrying over 1,500 kg of heroin worth Rs. 3500 Crore detained
- Russia’s Putin reviews fleet at Navy Day parade
- TRS leader K. Kavitha pays tribute to renowned poet C Narayana Reddy
- U.S. Vice President Mike Pence arrives in Estonia
- Violent clashes between GJM supporters and police in West Bengal