Dantewada (Chhattisgarh), July 08 (ANI): Residents of Dantewada district still have to walk on a makeshift rope bridge with a stream flowing underneath. People of Dandewada’s Masenar village, risk their lives every day as they cross a river on a tightrope every day for their daily commute. A villager, Rajkumar, said the bridge was unavoidable as it was the sole route that helps them to connect with the neighbouring areas. The stream beneath it never dries and swells during monsoon making things riskier. The elderly people often have to take the help of the youngsters in crossing over the bridge. Villagers complain that there have been no response from the government as the problem remains the same since last many years.
- Next story Husband punished as wife doesn’t cast vote in favour of Nayab Sarpanch candidate
- Previous story South Asia Newsline (Program) – July 07, 2017
- Wall St slips after Fed hikes rates
- BCCI concerned about allegations related to cricket and not Shami’s personal life, says Rajiv Shukla
- Noida Suicide: Constable who registered FIR has been suspended, informs DIG Law and Order
- Agitated farmer destroys his crop after not getting good revenue
- Locals protest over Congress leader’s death in road accident