Chhatarpur (Madhya Pradesh), Apr 30 (ANI): Water scarcity in Bundelkhand area of Chhatarpur, Madhya Pradesh has forced villagers to travel for miles to fetch drinking water. Women, children and the elderly people living in the area have been bearing the brunt drought in the region for years. School going children too are not spared by the situation and have been forced to help their parents out by travelling several miles just to fetch water. The journey to get water too is not an easy one, as the closest point to get drinking water is at the bottom of a mountain. Villagers of the adjacent areas have alleged that the government has failed to provide any drinking water to them.
- Next story Trump hails first 100 days in office, says ‘battles’ ahead
- Previous story Suggestions from audience are closely analysed: PM Modi in ‘Mann ki Baat’
- Stars join forces with activists on BAFTA awards red carpet
- Rep. Gowdy urges to look more at FL shooter than the “instrumentality”
- “The adults have let us down”: Florida students demand stricter gun laws
- Minor girl allegedly raped, killed, police registers case
- South Asia Focus (Weekly Programme) 18 Feb, 2018