Vitesse Arnhem defeat Cambuur 4-1 to move up to fifth place in the Eredivisie
Vitesse Arnhem beat Cambuur 4-1 in Eredivisie action
SHOWS: ARNHEM, NETHERLANDS (AUGUST 30, 2015) (IMG – SEE RESTRICTIONS)
VITESSE ARNHEM (YELLOW AND BLACK STRIPE SHIRTS) V. SC CAMBUUR (BLUE SHIRTS)
1. TEAMS WALK OUT ONTO PITCH
2. LONG BALL FROM VITESSE DEFENDER GURAM KASHIA (37) TO BRAZILIAN MIDFIELDER NATHAN DE SOUZA (13) WHO IS BROUGHT DOWN BY CAMBUUR RIGHT BACK CALVIN MAC-INTOSCH (30) IN THE PENALTY AREA, REFEREE ALLARD LINDHOUT AWARDS A PENALTY
3. SLOW MOTION REPLAY OF INCIDENT
4. GOAL – VITESSE MIDFIELDER LEWIS BAKER (34) CONVERTS PENALTY IN THE 2ND MINUTE, 1-0
5. CAMBUUR GOALKEEPER LEONARD NIENHUIS (22)
6. GOAL – CALVIN MAC-INTOSCH (30) CROSSES IN TO SANDER VAN DE STREEK (20) WHO FIRES IN TO SCORE FROM THE EDGE OF THE PENALTY AREA IN THE 28TH MINUTE, 1-1
7. CAMBUUR PLAYERS CELEBRATE
8. SLOW MOTION REPLAY OF GOAL
9. GOAL – VITESSE MIDFIELDER MILOT RASHICA (26) BEATS CAMBUUR DEFENDER MARVIN PEERSMAN (23) AND SHOOTS, NIENHUIS FAILS TO GATHER BALL AND ABIOLA DAUDA (14) POUNCES ON THE REBOUND AND SCORES FROM CLOSE RANGE IN THE 32ND MINUTE, 2-1
9. VITESSE PLAYERS CELEBRATE
10. SLOW MOTION REPLAY OF GOAL
11. GOOD RUN BY BAKER WHO IS BROUGHT DOWN IN THE PENALTY AREA BY KAI HEERINGS (2), PENALTY AWARDED
12. SLOW MOTION REPLAY OF FOUL
13. BAKER FAILS TO CONVERT PENALTY WHEN HIS STRIKE HITS THE CROSSBAR
14. GOAL – BAKER WITH A CORNER, VITESSE CAPTAIN GURAM KASHIA HEADS IN TO SCORE IN THE 85TH MINUTE AFTER CAMBUUR FAIL TO CLEAR BALL, 3-1
15. VITESSE PLAYERS CELEBRATE
16. SLOW MOTION REPLAY OF GOAL
17. GOAL – VITESSE SUBSTITUTE DOMINIC SOLANKE (9) SCORES WITH WELL TAKEN SHOT FROM THE EDGE OF THE PENALTY AREA IN TIME ADDED ON
18. VITESSE PLAYERS CELEBRATE
19. VITESSE COACH PETER BOSZ
20. SLOW MOTION REPLAY OF GOAL
STORY: Vitesse Arnhem beat struggling Cambuur 4-1 at home on Sunday (August 30) and move up to fifth place in the Eredivisie.
The home side made the early breakthough in the second minute after Brazilian Nathan, who is on loan from Premier League side Chelsea and was making his Eredivisie debut, was brought down by Calvin Mac-Intosch in the penalty area. Vitesse English midfielder Lewis Baker, who is also on loan from Chelsea, converted the penalty with a fine strike past Cambuur goalkeeper Leonard Nienhuis for a 1-0 lead.
Cambuur equalised in the 28th minute when Sander van de Streek fired in from the edge of the penalty area to score against his former club.
Four minutes later, a mistake by Nienhuis enabled Vitesse to regain their advantage. The goalkeeper fumbled Milot Rashica’s shot and Nigerian striker Abiola Dauda pounced on the rebound to score from close range.
In the second half Vitesse had a chance to extend their lead in the 67th minute after Baker was brought down by Kai Heerings. But Baker failed to score his second penalty of the match when his right-footed shot hit the crossbar.
Vitesse captain Guram Kashia headed in five minutes from time for a 3-1 lead after poor defending from Cambuur following Vitesse’s corner.
Substitute Dominic Solanke, another player on loan from Chelsea, sealed the win for Peter Bosz’s side with a well-taken shot from the edge of the penalty area in time added on.