SHOWS: ROTTERDAM, NETHERLANDS (MAY 11, 2015) (IMG – SEE RESTRICTIONS) FEYENOORD (RED/WHITE) V VITESSE ARNHEM (BLUE) 1. TEAMS OUT 2. FEYENOORD FANS 3. VITESSE FANS FIRST HALF 4. SAVE! 4TH MINUTE:
Vitesse beat Feyenoord 4-1 away
SHOWS: ROTTERDAM, NETHERLANDS (MAY 11, 2015) (IMG – SEE RESTRICTIONS)
FEYENOORD (RED/WHITE) V VITESSE ARNHEM (BLUE)
1. TEAMS OUT
2. FEYENOORD FANS
3. VITESSE FANS
4. SAVE! 4TH MINUTE: VITESSE’S GEORGIAN FORWARD VALERI ‘VAKO’ QAZAISHVILI (8) OUTRACES FEYENOORD DEFENCE AND SHOOTS BUT FEYENOORD GOALKEEPER KENNETH VERMEER (16) HAS RUN OUT AND LEAPS ACROBATICALLY TO DEFLECT
6. GOAL 13TH MINUTE: VITESSE’S QAZAISHVILI (8) SHOOTS OVER ‘KEEPER VERMEER 0-1
8. SLOW-MOTION REPLAY OF GOAL FROM DIFFERENT ANGLE
9. GOAL! 31ST MINUTE: POOR FEYENOORD DEFENCE PLAYS VITESSE MIDFIELDER JAN-ARIE VAN DER HEIJDEN (23) ONSIDE AND HE TAPS IN PAST VERMEER 0-2
11. SLOW-MOTION REPLAY OF GOAL FROM DIFFERENT ANGLE
12. SAVE! 34TH MINUTE: FEYENOORD CORNER AND MIDFIELDER LEX IMMERS (10) SHOOTS BUT GREAT BLOCK BY VITESSE GOALKEEPER ELOY ROOM (1)
14. GOAL! 38TH MINUTE: FEYENOORD ATTACK AND UNMARKED MIDFIELDER JENS TOORNSTRA (28) SCORES 1-2
16. SLOW-MOTION REPLAY OF GOAL FROM DIFFERENT ANGLE
17. GOAL! 43RD MINUTE: VITESSE FREE KICK PUNCHED AWAY BY VERMEER BUT MOROCCAN DEFENDER ROCHDI ACHENTEH (35) SCORES FROM THE REBOUND HIS FIRST GOAL FOR THE CLUB IN HIS SECOND SEASON 1-3
19. SLOW-MOTION REPLAY OF GOAL FROM DIFFERENT ANGLE
20. FLARE ON PITCH/ FLARES OVER STADIUM
21. GOAL! 90+1: VITESSE’S MOROCCAN MIDFIELDER ZAKARIA LABYAD (20) IS THROUGH ALONE AND SCORES 1-4
23. SLOW-MOTION REPLAY OF GOAL FROM DIFFERENT ANGLE
24. HAPPY VITESSE FANS
25. UNHAPPY FEYENOORD FORWARD ANASS ACHAHBAR
STORY: Vitesse Arnhem beat Feyenoord 4-1 away on Monday (May 11), denying their hosts the chance to secure third spot in the Eredivisie and a Europa League place.
Feyenoord remain third on 59 points alongside AZ Alkmaar with one match remaining, but with a better goal difference, while Vitesse remain fifth, but now with 57 points.
Both goalkeepers were kept busy in Rotterdam, but the home side’s Kenneth Vermeer saw more action.
He ran out to save acrobatically in the fourth minute from a shot by Vitesse’s Georgian forward Valeri ‘Vako’ Qazaishvili.
Nine minutes later he didn’t do so well, however, when Qazaishvili shot over him from distance to open the scoring.
Vitesse went 2-0 up in the 31st minute when poor Feyenoord heading played midfielder Jan-Arie van der Heijden onside and he tapped in past Vermeer.
Feyenoord had a good chance three minutes later when midfielder Lex Immers connected well with a corner, but Vitesse goalkeeper Eloy Room reacted quickly to block the shot.
The hosts eventually got on the scoreboard in the 38th minute when unmarked midfielder Jens Toornstra struck the ball well.
Feyenoord did not have long to celebrate because five minutes later Vermeer punched away a Vitesse free kick straight to Moroccan Rochdi Achenteh who belted the ball back for his first goal in two seasons with the visitors.
Flares appeared pitchside and in the sky towards the end of the match, but they didn’t stop play and in the first minute of added time another Vitesse Moroccan, midfielder Zakaria Labyad, raced through unchallenged and scored past Vermeer.