Meghalaya, July 23 (ANI): In an endeavor to include the youth of the nation to work for the development of the country through skill development, Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna was launched in the year 2015 by the Modi-led government in the Centre. The scheme, under the Ministry of Skill Development, is encouraging millions of youths all across the nation to develop their skills. Following the Prime Minister’s vision of skill India, the youths of the northeastern state of Meghalaya are inclining towards skill training and entrepreneurship development. Women empowerment, too, at the same time is an integral part of nation’s development. Considering the importance of women empowerment, a non-profit in Meghalaya – Subham Charitable Association— is providing free vocational training courses to empower the women under the government’s scheme. As many as 25 young women have already undergone training in various fields like beauty and make up, art and embroidery, computers. Besides, breaking away from the shackles of the society, the women are also striving to become self-independent with the help of these training. Introduced for the first time in March, the center till date has enrolled 240 students for admissions. Examinations are also conducted at the center to analyze the growth of the student and a certificate is provided at the end of the course to boost the morale of the students. The implementation of this scheme has set an inspiring example worldwide to encourage the youth’s especially young women to reap maximum benefit from it. Skill and entrepreneurship development of youths will go a long way in taking the nation on the new progressive path.
- Next story Residents stage protest against construction of steel flyover
- Previous story Durga Vahini trained with arms in a program organized by VHP in Assam
- Residents block government’s office against illegal mining in Ravi river
- E-cigarettes attracting more youth towards world of tobacco
- Filmmaker Ashoke Pandit hails SC’s verdict on ‘Padmaavat’
- Uttarakhand BJP to collect mass funds of Rs. 25 crore
- Watch: Wreath laying ceremony of BSF head constable A Suresh performed