New Delhi, Aug 30 (ANI): Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Wednesday addressed the media on RBI’s Annual Report for 2016-17. He said the objective of demonatisation was not confiscation of money. Jaitly further added that India is predominantly high cash economy therefore that scenario requires to be significantly altered. As per the RBI’s report the volume of cash currency has come down by 17 percent, he added.
- Volume of cash currency has come down by 17 percent: Arun Jaitley
- Noted playback singer L.N. Shastry passes away
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput, Sara Ali Khan visit Kedarnath temple
- ‘Adopted daughter’ Honeypreet wanted to accompany Dera Chief inside court, jail: Haryana CM
- Houston police officer drowns in Harvey floodwaters, confirms Police Chief