Gandhinagar (Gujarat), Aug 08 (ANI): Voting for the crucial Rajya Sabha elections in Gujarat kicked off in the state capital Gandhinagar on Tuesday morning. The voting is currently underway. Leaders of various political parties have begun arriving at the polling booth to cast their votes. Counting of the votes, will be held from 5 p.m., an hour after the end of polling. In the elections, Congress needs the support of 45 MLAs for victory of Ahmed Patel who is contesting for his fifth term for the upper house. In 182-member assembly, BJP has 122 seats. While, Congress has 51 MLAs along with 7 of Shankarsinh Vaghela’s camp. NCP has 2 and JD U has 1 MLA in the house. These elections have been making headlines ever since 44 Congress MLAs went in a hideaway at a Bengaluru resort.
- Next story Shankar Singh Vaghela talked about on angry Congress MLAs from Party
- Previous story Security forces launch search operations after terrorists attack patrol party
- ‘Lava bomb’ leaves 23 injured on Hawaii tour boat
- Udaan 17th July 2018 | Upcoming Twist | Bollywood Event
- Mayawati removes Jai Prakash Singh from national coordinator post
- 8 Olympic Games Changed The Face Of Indian Sports- Sharath Kamal
- DCW chief Swati Maliwal demands capital punishment in minor girl rape cases