New Delhi, Aug 25 (ANI): In a violent protest by Dera Sacha Sauda supporters, two coaches of a train were set ablaze at Anand Vihar Railway station. There are massive protests in various parts of Haryana and neighboring cities. As many as 12 people have been killed and over 100 people have been injured since Gurmeet Ram Rahim was convicted today. Police and administration have deployed heavy forces to control the enraged crowd but situation remains grim. Dera Sacha Sauda Chief Ram Rahim Singh was found guilty in rape case which was registered by the CBI in 2002.
- Previous story Dera chief convicted: Gurmeet Ram Rahim brought to Rohtak’s Sunariya jail in helicopter
- Watch: 2 train coaches set on fire as Dera chief followers turn violent, death toll at 12
- Dera chief convicted: Gurmeet Ram Rahim brought to Rohtak’s Sunariya jail in helicopter
- Samsung heir sentenced to 5-year prison for corruption
- Many killed in India protests after ‘godman’ convicted of rape
- Deadly protests erupt after Indian court finds “godman” guilty of rape