Vijayawada (Andhra Pradesh), Mar 18 (ANI): Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu attended the Ugadi celebrations in Vijayawada’s Tummalapalli Kalakshetram on Sunday. Ugadi, also known as Yugadi is celebrated as the first day of the year by people in Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka. This day is also celebrated as Gudi Padwa in Maharashtra. Ugadi also marks the beginning of a new Samvatsara, the New Year according to the Luni-Solar calendar considers the position of the Moon and the position of the Sun to divide the year into months and days.
- Watch: Andhra Pradesh CM attends Ugadi celebrations
- Hundi collectors in Tirupati count money faster than RBI: P Chidambaram
- Modi Government has mismanaged J&K like never before: Manmohan Singh
- Leg 7 of the Volvo Ocean Race starts in Auckland
- ARTO distributes over 250 first-aid kits to drivers in J&K