Alappuzha (Kerala), Aug 14 (ANI): Thousands of people, including tourists from abroad, gathered at Punnamada Lake in Kerala to witness the annual Nehru Trophy boat race. Also known as the snake boat race, the annual regatta is held in Alappuzha District of the state in the month of August every year. This also marks the beginning of tourism season in the state. This year 78 boats of different sizes, including 22 ‘chundan vallom’ (snake-boats), participated in the event. An estimated 15 small and big boat races are held during this monsoon season alone but the Nehru Trophy boat race is the most popular of all the races.
- Next story Public Review of the film Toilet Ek Prem Katha
- Previous story Assam flood: Sarbananda Sonowal visits flood-hit area
- European Parliamentarians, experts lambast Pakistan for sheltering terrorists
- South Asia Newsline (Weekly programme) – Mar 16, 2018
- 67% Indian mid-size businesses hit by ransomware, says survey
- Man allegedly kills nephew’s wife with sword
- Woman kills mentally-challenged husband with help of brother-in-laws