Almora (Uttarakhand), Oct 21 (ANI): As part of a ritual, people of Patiya village in Uttarakhand’s Almora organised a stone pelting event on the day of Govardhan Pooja. Bagwal is an age old tradition where people in groups pelt stones at each other. and According to people farmers used to pelt stones at an evil king to save their farms and cattle from being captured. Bagwal is played for around 30 minutes and it is believed that if someone gets hurt then a special soil paste is applied which heals their wound in a few days.
- Previous story Himachal Pradesh Assembly polls: ‘I have chosen a tough seat for myself’, says Virbhadra Singh
- Watch: Famous stone pelting festival of Patiya village
- Himachal Pradesh Assembly polls: ‘I have chosen a tough seat for myself’, says Virbhadra Singh
- EC Says Gujarat Election Dates Delayed Due To Floods !!???
- FIFA World Cup Is The Theme Of This Kali Puja Pandal In Kolkata
- Bannon keynotes California GOP convention, urges taking state back