Almora (Uttarakhand), Oct 21 (ANI): As part of a ritual, people of Patiya village in Uttarakhand’s Almora organised a stone pelting event on the day of Govardhan Pooja. Bagwal is an age old tradition where people in groups pelt stones at each other. and According to people farmers used to pelt stones at an evil king to save their farms and cattle from being captured. Bagwal is played for around 30 minutes and it is believed that if someone gets hurt then a special soil paste is applied which heals their wound in a few days.
- Next story Woman carried on shoulders for 7km after ambulance fails to reach
- Previous story Himachal Pradesh Assembly polls: ‘I have chosen a tough seat for myself’, says Virbhadra Singh
- Ghaziabad building collapse: Strict action will be taken against those responsible, says VK Singh
- Ghaziabad building collapse: 1 dead, 7 rescued, informs IG Meerut (Range)
- Watch: Women protest by sitting on JCB machine during an anti-encroachment drive
- Nicole Maines to be television’s first transgender superhero
- CM Raman Singh announces Mukhyamantri Kanyadan Yojana