Kanpur (Uttar Pradesh), Apr 29 (ANI): A grand funeral procession of slain Captain Ayush Yadav was taken out on the roads of Kanpur on Saturday. Chanting ‘Vande Mataram,’ scores of residents followed the military vehicle which was carrying Yadav’s body. 26-year-old Ayush Yadav, a resident of Chakeri’s Defence Colony, breathed his last while battling a group of terrorists in the Kupwara encounter on Thursday. The brave soldier and the only son of his parents, was commissioned in the Indian Army through National Defence Academy (NDA) three years earlier. Two other soldiers were killed and seven others were injured in the attack that took place in Panzgam Camp near Chowkibal. Captain Yadav’s body arrived at the Chakeri Airport early today morning.
- Next story BJP’s Mission 400 Picks Steam Ahead Of 2019 Battle
- Previous story Kerala hosts 1st ever transgender athletic meet
- Stars join forces with activists on BAFTA awards red carpet
- Rep. Gowdy urges to look more at FL shooter than the “instrumentality”
- “The adults have let us down”: Florida students demand stricter gun laws
- Minor girl allegedly raped, killed, police registers case
- South Asia Focus (Weekly Programme) 18 Feb, 2018